Preparing the year’s biggest feast for friends and family is a major task that requires a lot of work. Not to worry, All My Sons’ Birmingham movers can make the experience fun and easy with these smooth Thanksgiving tips.
Follow this guide and make taking on the Thanksgiving meal an enjoyable part of the holiday.
1.Plan and write out all recipes ahead of time. This way you won’t be scrambling to remember certain measurements and ingredients on the day of.
2. If you don’t have a wire roasting rack for your turkey, crumple up multiple sheets of aluminum foil and coil them on the bottom of the pan.
3. Prep and cut all vegetables the day before, and store them in the fridge. This includes chopping onions, peeling potatoes, and washing greens.
4. Add baking powder to mashed potatoes for extra “fluff”. To save room for cooking other items, keep mashed potatoes warm in a slow cooker. Set temperature on low and stir every hour.
5. If you forgot to buy a rolling pin for dough, a wine bottle is just as effective.
6. Use a muffin tin to make individual portions of stuffing. This helps make the stuffing crispier and easier to serve.
7. Potatoes are easier to peel after they’ve been boiling. Boil them for 15 minutes, let them cool for 10 minutes and the skin should come right off.
8. Use a portable cooler for extra fridge space.
9. Keep your pie crust frozen up until you put it in the oven. This will maintain its shape the best.
10. Add a spoonful of soy sauce to gravy to bring out the most flavor.
Birmingham movers recommend that you keep these Thanksgiving tips in mind, so you can make your meal preparation simple and satisfactory!